Eyefinity Banner

Eyefinity Game Reviews

Eyefinity Game Reviews

ATI Eyefinity
We have 2 guests online

Things To Do

  • Maybe add some side artwork
  • Look into investing in a controller

In Progress

  • Setup Hyperspin Fully
  • Replace lost Roms
  • Add extra artwork

Recently Changed

  • Improved the Bezel Alignment
  • Completely new PC Hardware
  • Created a new Marquee
Construction
Arcade Cabinet 2011 - PC Replacement
Written by Maxi   
Tuesday, 04 January 2011 12:14

Arcade machine torn apart for Windows 7 64 Bit

Well isn't this a sorry sight, my arcade cabinet has been going over some drastic changes over the past few months from PC replacements to slight hardware tweaks such as extra hard drives. Saying that it hasn't gone to well as the PC has never been working a 100% with it often taking 10 minutes of faffing around to get it to boot. So over Christmas I was generously given this old PC that was unwanted from a friend, the specs are as follows:

Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 January 2011 16:14
Read more...
 
Arcade Machine Summer Update
Written by Maxi   
Monday, 31 August 2009 14:37
mame runing Sega Rally
 
It's been a while since I last updated everyone on my arcade cabinet project, so here is a little taste of what I have done. Well to be honest not much has been done, here is a checklist of the changes though:
  1. Added a temp marquee to check scale and backlighting
  2. Added a lamp behind the marquee for a glowing effect
  3. Added another 40GB hard drive (not fully working yet)
  4. Added 1Gb of ram now totaling 1.75GB
  5. Re-cabled the back of the unit to make everything more accessible. 
The machine is still working great and especially since I have added the extra 1GB of ram Model 2 flies. I still need to sort out a front-end system for the machine but I can't find one that is simple and easy to use but yet has some graphical appeal to it. Check out another picture after the bump:
Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 September 2009 15:42
Read more...
 
Cabinet - Building 4
Written by Maxi   
Saturday, 07 March 2009 17:11

Making sure everything is in-live ready for spray-painting 

Wow! Some really progress has been made and its beginning to take shape. I'm really impressed in how easily everything has gone with only a few hiccups in "part 4" and how well everything has gone even though I have changed certain aspects of the original design. As you can see by the above picture I've got a spare bit of plexi-glass to start angling up my black border so the monitor will be unseen, I know what you're thinking, you can still see the monitor right? Well that's because if you are player 2 you would be unable to see certain parts of the screen if the border was any more enclosed, I have a fix for the yet to be unseen monitor which will be in the next article. But for now keep reading and check out some more pictures:

Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2009 12:18
Read more...
 
Cabinet - Building 3
Written by Maxi   
Tuesday, 03 March 2009 15:11

How my x-arcade stick looks like within my mame cabinet 

Weeeeee! I've now got my X-arcade stick all setup and ready for some classic arcade gaming after my brother picked it up from eBay. A fair amount has changed since the second article but not much that is noticeable. First off I went about measuring a shelve for the X-Arcade stick to sit on without sliding all over the place, this was fairly simple and was just a case of making to mounting pieces attached to each side of the unit then adding a bridge to work as the shelve. Keep reading to see what problems I encountered:

Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2009 12:18
Read more...
 
Cabinet - Building 2
Written by Maxi   
Saturday, 21 February 2009 17:11

just installed the base of the mame arcade cabinet 

The retro PC has finally found its new home where it should be living for next so many years... So now that all the base pieces had been painted it was just a simple task of screwing everything together and enjoying the view, or was it? First of all I went about screwing in the back board into the baton frame on the right hand side, this was extremely difficult at keeping it straight as it was the first 2 pieces connecting and it was only myself with a slightly skewed piece of wood trying to keep everything in line. After taking me around 20 minutes to pilot drill and screw in 5 screws I thought this project is going to only get worse, but after getting it upright and chucking it into the corner of my living room I managed to get a fair amount of help from my wall to stop the unit from sliding around while I was trying to put the remaining 5 screws in. Continue reading to see some more pictures and how the rest of the build has gone so far.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2009 12:18
Read more...
 
More Articles...
<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

Page 1 of 2